Basically I had a few colours of Distress ink, a blending tool, water and a couple of stamps. I didn't have the spritzy thing Tim has to make the mottled background so just flicked the watered down ink from a paintbrush at the wet watercolour paper. I don't have a die cutting machine so punched the flower shape with a normal punch, then stamped the strip with my new text stamp - which I am very pleased with. Now the sewing round the edge thing stumped me and I laid the whole thing to one side for a day or two. Basically, the sewing machine and I are not good friends. In fact, we are barely on speaking terms. I considered drawing the lines in and pretending they were stitches, but in the end I thought about the imperfection thing and went for it. And, what do you know - it worked perfectly! No broken threads and not too wonky and so no cursing and swearing on my part. I added that metal button at the end as it fell out of my craft cupboard as I was rifling through my sparse supplies, so I took that as a sign!! Oh and the ribbon was a bit from some Easter packaging which I dyed with the Distress Ink.
It feels good to write on the blog again after such a long time.