Monday, 9 January 2012

A Truly Inspirational Christmas Wreath

Happy New Year! 2011 whizzed by for me with more or less no blogging. Shame on me, but in my defense, teaching and translations plus all the usual family stuff meant that I did nothing on the creative front, so nothing to show on the blog. By the end of November I still had an Easter wreath on the front door, for goodness sake, much to the amusement of various visitors who pointed it out as if I didn't know. Grrr! Yes, I felt I'd totally lost it on the creative front, no inspiration, no motivation and certainly no confidence to make anything. In an attempt to at least put the door thing right I decided to buy a Christmas door wreath this year (shock, horror). I went to Meier's Bluemehüsli, just down the road in Wiesendangen - from the outside it looks like a farm shop, but is full of floral and non-floral decorations for the home and garden. The weird thing is, there is no staff, other than those who are arranging new stock. So you can wander round at leisure and, when you have chosen your item, you put your money in a very sophisticated machine, which also gives change and a receipt if needed. Don't things get stolen, I hear you ask? Maybe, but this is Switzerland, after all....Anyway, this is what I found.
The star background is made of bits of old "repurposed" wood probably glued together and then sprayed with white glittery paint. I just love the colours and all the details and the best bit is - I can use it again next year. I did manage to end 2011 with a couple of creations - more about those later this week. It's good to be back!

2 comments:

isleofswitzerland.blogspot.com said...

Glad your back on the scene again! Oh, there's hope for me yet! Never mind using it again next year. As it's so nice, why not just let it hang on the door until next Christmas? Saves storage space in the cellar!! Happy Easter!!

Amanda said...

Good to see you back! I really admire that sense of honesty/integrity in CH. Many little floral "shops" around our town had merely a small bucket with a lid for collecting payments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails