Wednesday, 22 December 2010

Recycled Christmas card card....

I never throw away the Christmas cards I receive. They are much too pretty and I often re-use them as labels for Christmas presents. This year, though, I did this:



I started by cutting quite a wide triangle out of a old Christmas card

recycling christmas cards

I then cut this into horizontal strips



I then removed a couple of the strips and arranged the remaining ones a little crookedly on my card. I added a "flowerpot" made of another part of the old card and a gold sticker star at the top



And that was all there was to it really. Here's the finished card again. Quick and easy - just the job!

3 comments:

Silver Moss Jewellery said...

This is a seriously clever idea for recycling Christmas cards. I've never got beyond the stage of cutting out images that are nice and could be reused - just never figured out how to reuse them without them looking, well, reused! Thanks for sharing, and Merry Christmas!

isleofswitzerland.blogspot.com said...

I love the new background design on your blog. And what a great idea for making your own Christmas cards. I also like the idea of using old Christmas cards for gift tags. How clever are you??!!

Amanda said...

This is great! I always feel so terrible about throwing out old Christmas cards because they are so pretty, yet I never know what to do with them. Now I do! I making my own cards next year! Thanks for sharing...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails