Friday, 10 December 2010

Customer Service and Serviette Santa

I experienced a rare thing this week - excellent customer service in Switzerland. Don't get me wrong, Switzerland is a great place to live, but on the customer service front I often find that things are still somewhat lacking. However, I was to be pleasantly proved wrong. Last week I bought winter boots for my son, guaranteed to be waterproof and costing 170.-CHF to boot (sorry about the pun). On Monday, when we had all that horrible slush, said boy came home with wet socks, as in the feet bit of the socks were all wet, not the tops. I felt a bit peeved to say the least. So I trolled off to the shoe shop, young son in tow against his will (wanted to play in the slush, not go to a boring shoe shop, obviously) and prepared for a battle of wills and words with the shop assistant. Not so. The boots were still a little damp inside after 24 hours of drying out and so I was given a full refund. It probably helped that the woman in front of me was also returning non-waterproof children's shoes and had just received a refund in full view of myself. Anyway, we came home with new shoes and, if I ask my son one more time if his feet are dry, I think he will disown me...

And now, check this out




First take a serviette and fold it to look like this:

....

This is what the back will look like.



Then, from white card cut out the beard and head shape with wings and also cut out a wavy moustache as shown below. Then cut out an oval shape to put the eyes and nose on - ours is made from orangey coloured card, but a skin tone coloured card would look even better. Use a hole punch and black/red paper to make the eyes and the nose and stick them onto the oval shape. Glue the oval shape and the white moustache onto the main beard shape.



The side "wings" are folded at the back of the serviette - it's best to try for size on the serviette before glueing, marking the two "wings" with a pencil where they should overlap. Then remove the Santa face from the serviette, overlap and glue the two wings using your pencil marks to guide you, then leave to dry completely before sliding onto the serviette.

TTFN!

2 comments:

fern said...

Nice post! In my opinion, Good customer service is necessary. I believe that treating the customer so politely makes them so comfortable and satisfied with your services.

Outsource Call Center

isleofswitzerland.blogspot.com said...

Pleased Alex's toes are once again toasty! He's going to need those waterproof boots in the UK!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails