Wednesday, 20 January 2010

Things

I've been a bit quiet on the blogging front lately - a whole month without a post. Tut, tut! In fact, one of my old school friends (old as in former, not elderly, obviously!) asked me if she had accidentally been de-registered from my blog updates. No, after 2 weeks in Austria over Christmas and the New Year, I'm now busy Celtering - as in doing the CELTA course in Baden. It's both fascinating and very challenging, as we have to teach real, live language students. Every Friday sees me catching the 6.37 a.m. train from my village clutching my TP (Teaching Practice) materials for dear life. The first time I did my TP I was so nervous, I was literally quaking in my boots! A couple of weeks on and it is still extremely nerve-racking, but somehow good to force myself out of my comfort zone after 9 years of Domestic Engineering. Thank goodness for our fabulous tutors, who are knowledgeable and experienced, motivational and just, well, really nice! The course lasts until April, so normal blog-service should return around then. TTFN!

4 comments:

juanita tortilla said...

Wow, getting out after 9 years!
If you can do it, I'm sure I can too :) Maybe.

K S Jewellery Designs said...

Congratulations on getting on your course - life will be very different for you - it's great to take on new challenges and I'm sure you will soon be feeling confident and capable in your new career.

Best of luck
Kristin

BTW... I have awarded you a 'Sunshine Award' - please follow this link:
http://ksjewellerydesigns.blogspot.com/2010/01/sunshine-award.html

Beadin By The Sea said...

Good for you. It sounds like you've found something very challenging (and rewarding) to do even if it is a little scary at first! I wish you the best in your new career.

Chantal said...

Good luck with the class. And welcome to my little city! Have you gone to the spa yet? A great thing to do after a stressful class!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails