Thursday, 10 December 2009

Don't judge a book by its cover and CELTA, I'm in!

Actually, that's just what I normally do. So when I received this book from my Uncle Brian I was bemused to say the least:



To me the cover promised Mills and Boon romance, definitely not my scene. Anyway, I gave it a go and it was actually a good read. It is set in France and America, with the main character, Mischa, returning to France in later life to conquer his demons.
BTW Santa Montefiore is Tara Palmer-Tomkinson's sister, just FYI.

I also recently read this book:




This was terrific. If you like Dan Brown, you'll love this book. A real thriller, faster-moving than the Dan Brown novels. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Anyway, that may be the last of my leisure-reading for the moment, as I am busy ordering books on teaching English as a foreign langauge. Yes, I made it onto the CELTA course in January, so my reading matter will be more theoretical for a while. The interview went well and was not as scary as I thought it would be. I've got to complete and pass the course now - keep your fingers crossed for me.....

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Hi Vicky! Good luck on your course! And thanks for the indirect reminder that I have lots of time for leisure reading and a pile of books to dive into. Need to stop distracting myself with the Internet...

juanitatortilla said...

You will do fine Vicky!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails