Saturday, 31 October 2009

New necklace

A few weeks ago I spent a very pleasant day in Zürich with my friend Jennifer, whom I know from Basel. Zürich is a throbbing metropole, with shops everywhere. In fact, I felt that my head was on a swivel, I didn't know what to look at first, and that was even before I'd got out of the railway station! I need to get out more! Anyway, alot of chatting was done, quite a bit of walking, several minutes admiring the lake, a nice lunch and then a wander around the narrow streets. It was there that we chanced upon the Bead Box bead shop and thought we might as well pop in (well, it would have been rude not to). A few beads were purchased and this is what I made with them.

cord necklace



I have been meaning to make something like this for a while and thought that knotting a bit of cord around a few beads would be mega straight-forward. But, actually, it was quite fiddly, as I kept thinking of things to add and then having to undo all the knots I'd made. Duhh! Still very enjoyable though.

You can see what Jennifer made with her beads here.

Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Magriet said...

It's impossible for me to walk past a bead shop and not go in. I love finding bead shops by accident. Gorgeous jewellery!!!

isleofswitzerland.blogspot.com said...

Well done you! Great article and lovely necklace.

Amanda said...

Hi there! Thanks for the compliment! Just thought I'd say hello. I've been making earrings on and off for years and am truly inspired by your blog. I must get back into it and stop into that shop in Zurich. Must admit, though, that I am a bit disappointed by the crafting supplies here versus what I can find in California...

Chantal said...

Beautiful! I'm not a jewelry maker but I still love that shop. All the colors and shapes are so fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails