Saturday, 16 May 2009

Uncle Brian

It's great having an Uncle Brian. Not only does he pass on loads of books to me, sometimes with witty notes in the margin, and send me silly jokes by e-mail, but he also provides me with EASY RECIPES! I'm not a whizz in the kitchen and anything with more than a handful of ingredients makes my eyes glaze over, so the following recipe is right up my street:

Uncle Brian's Caribbean Chicken

1 tablespoon oil
2 chicken breasts, skinned
1 onion, chopped
1 green or red pepper, seeded and chopped
2 tablespoons of flour
1 small tin of pineapple chunks (watch out, these get very hot, take care when eating)
2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
2 teaspoons curry powder
half pint of chicken stock (stock cube is fine)

Heat oil and fry chicken until brown. Transfer to casserole dish. Fry onion and pepper. Transfer to casserole dish with the chicken. Mix rest of ingredients, add to pan and bring to the boil. Pour over chicken, onion and pepper and cook for one and a quarter hours at 180°C. Great served with rice.

And why am I telling you all this? Because it's his birthday today.
Happy Birthday Brian!

1 comment:

Saffie said...

Hi Vicki I have tagged you. see my blog for details
Sam xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails