Wednesday, 18 March 2009

Happy Birthday to Me !!

Yes, I'm 44 today :) I must say, I celebrate my birthdays enthusiastically. Who cares if I'm one year older, as long as I'm happy and healthy. I've had a lovely birthday so far. My husband baked me a cake late last night, with a little help from the children and we sampled it this morning for breakfast, candles and hundreds and thousands and all. Then my friends took me out for a little retail therapy and a coffee. Not only did they egg me on to buy some (much needed) shoes, but they also gave me this lovely bead for my Pandora bracelet:

Pandora glass bead
Thanks to Kim, Lou and Jennifer for all that.

Back at home I found a present waiting for me from Cathy in Turin:

Turin

Funnily enough, I got out some green beads yesterday afternoon, but decided they were too dull to make anything with. No excuse now !

And finally, a very rare picture of me, because it is my birthday and because I have washed and dried my hair, am wearing a smidgen of make-up, a nice necklace and a top which doesn't have any spots of spaghetti sauce on it:



Off to have a glass of wine now. TTFN.

3 comments:

Beadin By The Sea said...

Many happy returns of the day! I like your attitude about getting older, since I'm the same age as you. I'm glad you had such a great birthday and some beautiful gifts from friends. I'm so impressed that your husband made you a cake too!

Ali P said...

Hi Vicky, I'm only just catching up with blogs today, but Happy Birthday for last Wednesday anyway ~ it sounds like you had a good one ;)
I'm just finishing up a blog post of my own, and I've given you an award so check it out when you get a mo.
Ali x

K S Jewellery Designs said...

Hiya Vicki - Happy Belated Birthday

Just to let you know I have nominated you for a Lemonade Award because I feel you have a great positive attitude towards others and their blogs. I appreciate your contributions to my blog and comments/feedback on my work.

For more information please see my blog: http://ksjewellerydesigns.blogspot.com/
Kristin :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails