Monday, 2 February 2009

Where did you get that hat ?

A funny story to start the week. First off, I am not a hat person. Which means, in other words, I look pretty awful in a hat. In my defense, I think it has to do with the fact that I have short hair i.e. no nice romantic tendrils sticking out of the sides to soften the face etc - well that's my excuse anyway. However, just before Christmas we had snow and cold weather and, as I leave the house at 8.10 a.m. to take my son Alex to Kindergarten, I decided I really needed to wear a hat. Wrapped up in my thick ski jacket and thick boots and said hat, I stood at the door of the Kindergarten helping Alex knock some of the snow off his boots. Along came one of the girls, Naomi, and gave Alex a book to take home. As I was going straight home, I offered to take it with me there and then to save Alex carrying it at lunchtime. Naomi eyed me rather suspiciously, but said OK and handed the book over. At this point in the story, I should point out that, at 43, I am obviously no longer a slip of a girl, but am not wearing too badly either thank you ! At lunch later that day, Alex said, "Oh, Naomi said something really funny today". "What was that then Alex, " I replied, as ever interested to learn about all the goings-on at Kindergarten. "She said, don't forget Alex, I gave the book to your grandma". OMG!!! I blame the hat.....

2 comments:

Saffie said...

LOL from the mouths of babes....bless you ;-)

Beadin By The Sea said...

Oh no, does that mean you'll never wear a hat again? I love to wear hats, especially ones that I've knit, but I always feel like I stick out in the crowd! Keep your chin up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails