Tuesday, 3 February 2009

That woman

This is for all of you with kids and for those of you who haven't got kids you will know what I mean. You know when you go to the supermarket, there is always that woman ? You know, the woman who can't control her kids ? I should know - I have been that woman many times, but no more. Since my youngest has now started Kindergarten, I can shop alone. I can browse, I have time to deliberate which brand of flour to buy, I am silent. I'm not saying that my children are badly behaved, just that trolling round a supermarket for an hour bores them silly and brings out the worst in them. Oh yes, I have cried in the car on the way home, so cross ,frustrated and humiliated I have been. However, today that woman was someone else. Someone else's kids were running down the aisles whilst another woman was trying to keep it all together and get out as soon as possible. You know what - I didn't feel smug, nor did I feel superior, I just felt RELIEVED that this time it wasn't me. School holidays in a couple of weeks' time though.....

3 comments:

Ali P said...

Hi Vicky, your post made me smile -no kids of my own but I can picture 'that woman' and I am always relieved it is not me ;)

K S Jewellery Designs said...

Hi Vicky

Firstly, thank you for following my blog and commenting on my snowy pictures. Today the snow is gradually melting and turning to mucky slush, so I am doubly glad I avoided the housework yesterday to enjoy it.

Your story about the supermarket is SO true. I started using Tescos home delivery when my second child was born. I reckoned paying someone else £5.00 was well worth it to avoid the weekly shopping stress.

Kristin :)

BeadyPool said...

I'm smiling too :) Been there done that. Been that woman and also been thankful when it isn't me.
We now buy an apple before I start and that gives me 30mins of peace whilst little man munches!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails