Sunday, 1 February 2009

On the mend

Back again ! Actually, I've been here all the time, but bogged down by a flu thing for the best part of the last 2 weeks. First my son was off Kindergarten for a week, then my daughter off school the next week and in the middle of that I got the flu thing, husband away on a business trip in the States and of course no parents or parents-in-law to call on. Arrggghh!! Thank goodness for friends and neighbours ! Anyway, we're all better now (in my case thanks to paracetamol and no housework) and in the midst of all this doom and gloom I decided to make some earwires out of a couple of gold coloured headpins. handmade earwires
I'm quite pleased with the way they turned out, although I definitely need more practise. Having no hammer to work harden them, I let my son tap them with his wooden hammer ! The reason there is only one earring ? Whilst doing the second one I got carried away tucking the wire in and squeezed the pliers so hard I smashed the little spacer bead at the top of the earring! Duh! So I will have to re-do it, but, typically, have no more gold-coloured headpins. Hopefully things will be back to normal next week and I can pop into town for some supplies. Hope you've all had a great weekend :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails