Thursday, 8 January 2009

Xmas cards

recycle Christmas cards
After taking down my decorations (doesn't that make the place look bare ?) I carefully cut up the lovely Christmas cards we had received to use as labels next year. I've been doing this for many years now, as I think it's a shame to throw away such pretty cards. Frankly, though, I've always felt a bit of cheapskate for doing it. However, I now realize I'm not mean, but GREEN ! Check out this site for all the things you can do with your cards.

Brrrr...minus 10 degrees here, but I'm treating myself to a morning in town. Might have to go to the bead shop...

3 comments:

Ali P said...

What a great idea for recycling you cards, I usually take mine to the recycling bin at Tesco but I think I might try your idea - I had some nice cards this year ;) Stay warm! - it was pretty cold here for a couple of days (down to -11 on Tuesday night) but the snow is almost gone today and it's above freezing again. I heard a woman on the bus say it's going to be hot on Sunday - 8 degrees! I almost laughed out loud ;)
Ali x

Beadin By The Sea said...

Thanks for visiting my blog here in the US. It's great to meet fellow bloggers from around the world. I usually put our cards in the recycle bin but I'll take another look this year and pick some out to make some tags. Thanks for the link. See, I haven't tossed them in yet because it is so sad to see them go that way!

Swiss Side Jewellery etc said...

Hi Ali and Debora,
Thanks for your comments on this - sometimes when you post, you're not sure whether it's a bit of a "stating the obvious" one, so I'm glad it wasn't in this case !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails