Tuesday, 11 November 2008

Feeling a bit nervous...

Welcome to my blog ! I've been thinking of starting one for a while now, but kept hesitating, worrying whether a) I'd have enough to say (not usually a problem for me !), b) if anyone would read it and most importantly c) if my "stuff" is really good enough to post up on it. Hmm. Anyway, I've done it now.

I've only realized I have a creative side since having my children, although I was creative as a child. With the children I started making cards and other simple projects and found it very enjoyable. I've always loved jewellery, so when, a couple of years ago, I discovered our town has a bead shop and that there are books and tuition on the Internet, I was hooked. I've been reading various jewellery blogs over the past year and am totally in awe of the beautiful things people are creating. I am nowhere near that stage yet! So far I've made a few things for myself, friends and family, but my goal would be to have my own shop online. As my youngest child has just started Kindergarten and I haven't yet re-entered the world of paid employment, I am finally enjoying a bit of "me" time. Hopefully I'll be able to put it to good use and practise my jewellery making skills - tips and suggestions welcome !






This bracelet I've called "Berries". The children had been given these wooden beads so I commandeered a few (bad Mummy !). I just wanted to practice doing wrapped loops but got carried away and before I knew it had a bracelet. The wooden beads make it lovely and light to wear.


Back soon !

2 comments:

Wildberry said...

Hi Vicky,

Welcome to the world of blogging! I'm sure it won't be long before you have a large following. :-)

The bracelet you've posted is lovely - can't wait to see more pics of your jewellery.

Love Barbara
x

Contrariwise said...

Good luck with your blog! I'm rooting for you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails